Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Sunshine Song? Yes please!

I have officially found a redeemable factor in working on Sundays.
I still don't like working on what's meant to be a day of rest but when I do have to, I've found a little joy in it.
A few weeks ago Marcy (my boss) threw this huge hissy fit about people getting to work before we open on the weekends (something I've always done but some people just can't seem to do). So I made sure to leave even earlier than usual, bringing with me a packed lunch to eat in the car since it messed with my lunch schedule. I got to the store parking lot and Marcy wasn't even there so instead of parking in my spot and waiting like a creeper, I drove down to the park just behind the store and had myself a little pick nick. It was so relaxing and such a nice day. So I've decided that I'll be doing that every Sunday that I have to work. I'll sit in my car when it's too cold or raining. But I enjoyed the nice day even if the park brought back memories I've been trying to repress. Not because they're bad or painful memories at all. Simply because it would make life so much harder to remember them.
Monday I got my acceptance letter to SU! It came in this wonderfully gold folder. It's so pretty and clean and wonderful, just how I expected it. Of course the first thing I did after I opened it and called everyone was go to the campus store website and order a buttload of merchandise! Part of my Christmas present :) So, it's safe to say that I'm officially a pirate! Such a good ring to it, huh? And I got scholarship money which of course my parents are happy about.
Tuesday two amazing things came out: Up, and Jason Mraz's Beautiful Mess. I haven't seen Up since the theaters and I want to watch it with my mom so I've been putting that one off but it's definitely sitting on my bed wishing I would put it in. But I did watch Jason. It's a dvd of his concert in Chicago but the funny thing is that it's the exact line up of songs that he played when he was here so it was like i was rewatching the concert I'd already attended. IT WAS AMAZING. I love him so much, you have no idea. He is such an incredible artist. If I ever met Jason Mraz, I would marry him on the spot, no questions asked...if he asked me. Such an awesome guy...
Wednesday has been good. We watched a few scenes from Grease in Bible today and I have definitely had the song stuck in my head ALL DAY. But it was nice to take a break from discussing to watch something that definitely isn't "faith west approved."
The week ahead?
Tomorrow mom and I are heading to Charming Charlie's after school...just because ;)
Friday...I don't have plans. I better end up doing something fun though.
Saturday I work all day and then I'm headed to the play off game. We're district champs and we beat beaumont and supposedly we'll beat these guys...STATE BOUND BABY!
Sunday...I think I work Sunday...which means the park!

Only eight more days until I see my best friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment