Friday, August 21, 2009

Senior Year


I feel like my life is whirling past me in streaks of color and I can't quite find the breaks. My first day of Freshman year feels like yesterday and in two days I start Senior year. While I am excited as all get out (one of my mom's sayings) I just want to enjoy my time with my family and friends. It's weird to think that I only have one more year left at home. I redid my room a year ago and I'll have to leave it in a year. The luxury I have being the only child left at home is something that I'll really miss. My dad's "keep the change" policy and the fact that there is almost always food at home are two things I definitely wouldn't mind bringing with me. I'm excited for college but not about making new friends. I don't have any memories of changing schools because I only did it once and that was a long time ago. Twelve years with the same friends makes meeting new people extremely intimidating and nerve racking. I'm sure my feelings about all this will change as the year goes on but as of now, I'm very ready for a slow, peaceful year to enjoy and say goodbye. Faith West Academy Class of 2010.




No comments:

Post a Comment